Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental job number

Jamie Wood February 15, 2022

Hello,

Is there a way to add an incremental number when I create a new card. For instance, if I have a column called 'Jobs', when I create a new card, it will automatically insert a job number, ie 1001, then when I create another new card, it will insert 1002, and so on. I would only want it to do this in a certain column, not in every column, as I use some columns as reminders, which would not need the numbering capability.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

Hi @Jamie Wood - Trello doesn't natively have a card numbering feature (unless you use Custom Fields), but you can search through our Power-Ups to see if one has the features you're looking for - https://trello.com/power-ups

Jamie Wood February 18, 2022

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

I can add a rule which goes part of the way, but it doesn't add 1 to the previous job number, so all of the job numbers come out the same.

Ideally, it needs to be a field where I can put in a number, say 1000, then have a rule which adds 1  to the previous number.

Would this be something that Trello's development team could look at? I would have thought it would be a fairly simple thing for a software developer to implement.

Kind regards,

Jamie Wood

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2022

Hi @Jamie Wood - I don't believe it's something we would consider as there are so many numbering Power-Ups out there already, but I'm happy to raise your feedback with the team. 

Jamie Wood February 21, 2022

Hi Alex,

I did have a look for Power-Ups, but couldn't find anything suitable. Perhaps you could suggest something, then I can see if it would work for me.

Kind regards,
Jamie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events