Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the number of lists per column.

Le Gloannic Erwan June 25, 2020

I'm discovering Trello and I'm currently thinking about replacing OneNote with this.

The only problem I have is that I use a lot of categories of lists per table and what bothers me with Trello is that you can only display one list per column and that when you go beyond the 5 lists on 13 inches you have to scroll to the right.

I would like to know if there is a way to put several lists per column which would allow me to display many more tables at the same time and to have the same display efficiency as on OneNote or even more efficient.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2020

Hi @Le Gloannic Erwan 

Welcome to the Community!

If you use Chrome, you might want to check out the List Layouts for Trello extension, I believe it'll do exactly what you're looking for!

Let us know if that helps!

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2020

There's also the Pro for Trello Chrome extension - which allows you to play with lists like this:

2.1 Show/hide lists - you can hide any list on your board (without archiving it) to un-clutter your view.

2.2 List stats - you can now have a status bar on the top of your lists that displays the no. of cards, sum of poinats, sum of time entries and the status of checklists (tasks).

2.3 Progress bar - list stats can also include a progress bar for checklists.

2.4 Custom background color - you can make lists more prominent and visually better by adding a custom color.

2.5 Custom list width - you can manipulate the width of any particular list.

2.5 Toggle between horizontal or vertical layout for lists

But it does a lot more than that!

Thought I'd mention that as well!

There are loads of Chrome extensions that can be used (sometimes all at once) to create a different user experience

Le Gloannic Erwan June 26, 2020

Thanks for your answer I could get the display I wanted, I just have one last question but is there a way to hide the cards icons when there is something in it? Actually I'd still like to have the left display even with elements in the cards. Thanks.

Capture2.JPG

Actually I'd still like to have the left display even with elements in the maps.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2020

Hi @Le Gloannic Erwan 

I don't think that this can be done natively, I think it would need a Chrome Extension. A lot of extensions and PowerUps are focused on giving more information, not less, but I've had a look at Chrome extensions, and the only one that I can find, that might do what you want, is Trello Birds Eye.

I've never used it, so I can't say whether it's any good or not, but if it doesn't work like you want it to, you might want to have a browse through the Chrome Extensions for Trello and see if there's anything else.

I would caution however, that a few that I've come across haven't been updated for years, so that's something to keep in mind.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events