Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including card cover in emailed content

Stephanie Morgan April 29, 2024

I can automate to email the specific cards I want to send, but they do not include the cover image. Sometimes the entire content of the card is in that image. What is the best option to email the cover image along with the subject, etc., of a card?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Stephanie Morgan - is the image you want to make the card cover attached to the email you're sending to the board?

I'm assuming you're using our email to board feature, is that correct? https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-cards-by-email/

I'm not sure if it allows you to set up the card cover as the first image in the attachments of the email you're sending, but that's worth a try. 

Stephanie Morgan May 7, 2024

Thanks, but no.  This is sending a report of existing cards out of trello by email using one of the automation options. Not the creation of a card but rather the export of it.

Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

In that case, do you mind elaborating on what's going on? If you have any screenshots, that would be super helpful, as I'm not sure I understand the issue you're facing. 

Stephanie Morgan May 7, 2024

If you use the automation to create a report to email the cards in a particular list, the email only contains the title of the card (and an icon to indicate the card has an attachment). Sometimes there isn't anything relevant in a title field, and the content of interest is the image shown as the cover.  So in the list it looks as expected and I see the image I'm really caring about.  But in the email it doesn't show that.   Example here - 1st is what comes in the email for the actual card shown in the 2nd .Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 10.52.40.pngScreenshot 2024-05-07 at 10.52.28.png

Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2024

Hey @Stephanie Morgan - thanks for clarifying. At this time, I do not believe our email automation reports will include card covers in the report, but if you click on the card in the email, it'll open up Trello for you to view the card cover there. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events