Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the new timeline view when grouping by label can I set the display order of the labels?

Danielle Bragg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2021

I'm exploring the new timeline view.   I'm using labels to group tasks in this view.  My Labels are numbered 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc but I cannot figure out how to define the order in which the labels are appearing.   For example 1.4 appears at the top of the list.  Then 1.1.  It seems random and I would like to set the order in which the groups appear.  How do I do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2021

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for reaching out about this. This is actually based on how the labels are stored in our database, which presents itself as somewhat random when you see this in the Timeline View. The team is aware of this and already have a task to improve the sorting. I don't have an ETA on when this will be looked into, but hopefully we see an improvement to this in the future.

Thanks,

Ryan

Dennis Ronald Shepley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2022

Hi Ryan,

Was there a fix made for this sorting of labels yet? 

Cheers Dennis

0 votes
Deborah Platt December 10, 2021

I thought the timeline was sorting the labels based on the order in which the colors show up when you select labels.  However, changing the colors of the labels, still didn't affect the order they appear on the timeline.  it's still putting them out of order.    this is a major issue for one of my clients

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events