• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing data to update existing Trello cards

I can see lots of information on importing to CREATE Trello cards, but I am wondering if it is possible to import data to UPDATE existing Trello cards, e.g. for adding "activities"?

Whilst Trello is used for monitoring, other established systems are used to log progress etc. I am trying to gather this information into one source (e.g. Excel) in order to run an import to UPDATE existing Trello cards by creating activity records for the relevant cards.

Can this be done? If so, how can I accomplish this?

Many thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 21, 2020

@Martyn Stacey if you had a spreadsheet where the link to the Trello card was in the first column, this Trellinator function would update the cards from the spreadsheet:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/b09e1b3fc25b6bd6b005cffd49b5fc27

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Hi Iain

Thanks for your reply - sounds like what I am looking for. In terms of "keys" and identifying Trello records you mentioned "link" to Trello card in order to update (or add Activity records). Is there such a thing as a "key" in Trello, if so how can I access this in order to directly find Trello records from Excel spreadsheet?

Apologies for simplistic questions - but all a little new to me in "new world" - give me a good interface mapping entity any day!! lol

Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 22, 2020

@Martyn Stacey yep every card has 2 ids, both of which can be used to look it up. The long ID or the short ID, the short ID is the one that appears in the link to the card so they're basically interchangeable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

868 views 15 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you