Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import from Google Keep

mr.karotte March 11, 2019

Hi, can someone tell me how I can import all my tasks from Google keep into trello?

I was thinking of exporting via json and making it a CSV, which I can then import to trello. But perhaps there is an easier solution.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias B March 20, 2019

I went with a slightly different solution.

I exported the Keep Data to xml, loaded that into a python list of objects. Then I used the Trello API, which is really easy to use) to add the cards.

James Dougherty October 5, 2020

Do you happen to have an example of that code? Seems to me that you could use the Keep API to eliminate the XML part and get some automation?

https://github.com/kiwiz/gkeepapi

Also, this brings up a workflow question. I'm a big fan of Trello but the ease of being able to create a Keep entry for the first level of an idea has pushed me to explore it a bit more. I used to have a Main Trello board where ideas or goals would germinate. Some might be moved to another board, some might grow a bit before they are moved, and some might die. Keep seems to be easier for this. For example, when in my car it's super easy to add a detailed Keep entry while driving to XYZ. (If I could only get my Galaxy watch's voice/text notes to sync the world would be a happier place. )

So my question to you and the board is, am I thinking in the correct way? I know that workflow is personal in many ways but are there any other genius ideas?

Like jaikishanjayakumar likes this
2 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

@mr.karotte if you're doing the import as a one off, the process you've described sounds about right

1 vote
Benjamin J Kershner October 29, 2019

If you want to make trello cards from a check-box list in a single Google Keep note:

1. Click "hide checkboxes" from the "3-dots" menu on your Keep note.

2. Select the text of the entire note and press CTRL-C to copy.

3.  In Trello, click "Add a card."

4. Paste your text.  Trello will ask if you want to make each line-item into a separate card.

see https://help.trello.com/article/751-importing-data-into-trello

0 votes
Ahmet AKDEL July 15, 2022

hopefully trello or google will sync together 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events