Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If then statements

Nicoli Thompson August 23, 2022

I am looking to make an if statement in Butler.  I have two boards semi-synced.  I can get the checklist items from a card to add items to the new board so the lower team can work independently.  I even have it synced so new items added to the lower board show up in the card on the master board.  The problem is this creates a loop.  Is there a way to create a rule for "if there is already a list item in the master list for this card, then do not create a new card, else create a new card on the lower board for each item added to main card on the master list."

I also really wish two-way syncing cards was easier.  I know there is a powerup for it, but with the paid version of trello I really feel like that should be included not an additional cost on top of trello. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Nicoli Thompson you can do pretty well with two way syncing with the automation rules in butler, although it's generally not recommended for the looping issues you mentioned. I would say mirroring is generally easier if you have a linked card, because then you just create a trigger and say when it happens, find the linked card and do x. But i don't think that works as well with checklist vs cards, because a checklist wouldn't necessarily have a linked card, but a card would.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events