If I'm not part of a workspace, just a board, can I view archived items?

Jennifer Calderin November 30, 2021

I archived about 10 cards this morning and was able to view them in the list on the right side, however, when I logged back in those were gone. When I do the is:archived search nothing comes up. Am I doing something wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021

Hey @Jennifer Calderin - you can see archived items on the board you're a member of, but you can't see closed boards in a workspace if you're not a member of that workspace. Can you go to the Archived Items section of your board's menu instead of using the search bar to find your items? 

Jennifer Calderin November 30, 2021

Hi @Alex Waite I could for a second, but after I closed my browser and reopened Trello there was nothing there. I know that I archived them though - there were more than 10 items. I purposefully archived them one by one instead of the List so they could be viewed independently. 

Like Alex Waite likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021

@Jennifer Calderin could you elaborate on exactly what happened? You said they were there for a second, then you closed the browser, then they weren't there again - did someone else restore the card to the board? Or are you experiencing some kind of bug that isn't loading the Archived Items? 

Jennifer Calderin December 1, 2021

@Alex Waite I was working on a Board that is shared with me and rearranging the cards into different lists (just admin work). I wanted to clean up the board and archive the cards that were finished, but also wanted to be able to view them later. When I archived them in that first instance, I could open up the Menu window on the right side and search for More, then Archived Cards and they were visible. When I closed out that window and then went back later in the day, the cards were no longer there. I could not find them with the is:archived search either. I just checked this morning and there is still nothing there. Is this maybe because I am not added to the Workspace? I can't add other boards here either. 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2021

Hey @Jennifer Calderin - it's definitely not because you're not a member of the workspace. Did you by chance accidentally delete them? 

Jennifer Calderin December 1, 2021

@Alex Waite I don't think so. I'll make another dummy card, try to recreate the issue and get back with you. Thanks for the help so far.

Like Alex Waite likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2021

@Jennifer Calderin no worries, glad I could help even if we're just troubleshooting right now. If it does happen again, can you raise this with Trello Support? You can do this at https://trello.com/contact

You can raise it by picking 'Using Trello' as what we can help you with, then choose 'Report a bug' as your topic. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events