It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If I leave will a trello board close

Hello, 

My questions is if I leave a Trello board will it close as I was the one that opened it. 

Essentially I started the board for a client however as the project has come to an end I wish to separate from the board but leave them with it. 

I have ensured the client is named as an admin on the board. 

Can you tell me if the board will close on my leaving?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Ali 

1 answer

0 votes
Manu Atlassian Team Sep 09, 2019

Hi Ali,

No worries there! As you have already made sure to transfer the admin permissions, the board will stay open once you leave it and your client will still be able to access it :)

Will all the cards and comments I made still remain?  I am transferring a board from a professional to a personal account.  I have added the personal account as an admin and want to remove the board from the professional account but I do not want to lose the cards and comments made by the admin member that is leaving the board.

Manu Atlassian Team Sep 03, 2020

Hi again Mathew,

The cards and comments will remain even if you leave the board so you should be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,623 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you