Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I archive a card, I cannot see it again? How is the best way to move old cards out of the way?

jcarter January 18, 2021

I have some cards from a contact data base that are no longer in the prospect category, phone no longer works, and they have not answered.  Is the best solution to just archive, which says "delete on the Trello Board?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi @jcarter ,

If you archive a card, list, or board on Trello you can restore it back easily whenever you want! You can follow these articles/documentations

https://help.trello.com/article/795-archiving-and-deleting-cards

https://help.trello.com/article/786-archiving-lists-deleting-lists

Regards,

Soumyadeep

jcarter January 18, 2021

OK, thanks I will take a look.  Where could I have found that article?

This was helpful.  Thanks

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021
Like jcarter likes this
0 votes
Travis Hamera January 19, 2021

One option I have used for some cases is to create an archive "board" and move the card (or even an entire list) to that board.  Can always visit the archive board and see everything there.  Sometimes that is not ideal and I have project boards where clients have access and want to see the full project history.  In those cases, I will create completion lists that have a time range (e.g. "completed 2021 - Q1").  Then when I am done with that completion list and move on to the next, I create the new completion list and "move" the old one to the far right on my board.  It's a less formal "archiving" that doesn't burry the cards somewhere the clients can't see them.  At some point I will eventually archive those lists (one some projects we create new lists to align with 2 - 3 week agile sprints).  When you archive the entire list instead of the individual cards, it easy to "unarchive" the list quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events