It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Identify Webhook sub-operation

I am building a simple server to automate some parts of my workflow with Trello, and I registered a Webhook for one of my boards.

I noticed that the Webhook payload provides a type in `action.type`, but this seems very generic. For example, any operation on a card will send the `update_card` action type. At the moment, I am inspecting `action.data` and trying to infer the kind of update that was performed on the card.

Is there a better way to identify the kind of operation? If not, would it be possible to attach it to the payload in order to simplify this process?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Aug 07, 2019

Hey @Daniel 

Webhooks are a little beyond the scope of my support, but one of our engineers did want me to share their gist to help differentiate those:

https://gist.github.com/mpcowan/4574e6e1ea0edb321047733f982a7d16

That should help with what you suggested, but for now, we don't have plans to change our behavior of those webhooks.

I hope that helps!

Thanks, that might help!

I'd like to take the opportunity to ask about the `action.type` used for the following operations:

why aren't they `updateCard` action types?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you