IS it possible to hide certain cards or details of certain cards on a shared board?

Nik Davidson April 7, 2017

I have a project  I'm working on with a team but I d like to put some details on certain cards without allowing all to see . 

6 answers

2 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

In Trello, it's not possible to hide certain cards or the details of certain cards on a shared board depending on the user.

What you can do is create mirror copies of certain cards on another board, and sync them with third-party tools such as CardSync or Butler for Trello.

Elie Bellama October 7, 2023

Mirrored cards from a Master board to an Individual board will not move from 1 list to another on both boards. 

If the master board moves from let's say,  in progress to complete, the individual who mirrored that card will not see that move on their personal board.

There has to be a way to manage this problem because in a team environment, the manager should be able to control what members can work on. 

0 votes
Ty January 3, 2023

Same issue, we have multiple cards wanting to streamline tasks and ease of use across our Online Marketing Services and related tasks. Would ideally prefer a native solution.

0 votes
Gaurav Pundir November 29, 2022

Hey, I am also facing the same, currently, we are having 11 writers, 2 Proof Readers, 1 Graphic Designer, and 2 Editors. We are working on one website on Gaming and Gaming Chairs. But how to make things private from each other roles? All can see their and others' tasks. Card syncing will be tough for all of us.

mr sharp December 28, 2022

Secretlab has added a minor curve to the seat base that it says is to keep you in a healthy sitting posture. It's kind of hard to say whether such a gentle curvature is really doing much to keep me locked securely in place throughout the day, though the seat is plenty comfortable all the same with plenty of sharpdetail.

0 votes
jb bess May 17, 2022

Hi, 

What is the best way to get rid of this kind of question? If you have any best ideas please let me know thanks.

0 votes
Jan Schaller March 11, 2019

Still no progress in this regard? Or any plans for the future?

Thank you!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

JIRA doesn't do field security like that.  If you can see an issue, you can see all of it.  You can restrict comments one by one, but that's the only thing you can hide.

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

Please, note this question was posted in the Trello product forum, not JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events