I want to move boards from a workspace to another one

Valérie Bernard June 8, 2021

Hello

I have 2 Workspaces and now I want to RE organise my different boards to just only 1 workspace. And I don't find how to move the boards from a workspace to another. Is it possible? Thx Valérie

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

@Valérie Bernard I actually found this a bit hit and miss recently: in some cases I was unable to move boards between workspaces as I should have. I'm not sure why.

Anyway if you want to move all your boards to a new workspace you can run this BenkoBot code, just edit the name of your target workspace up the top --

BUT BEWARE!!! If moving a board will cause extra billable multi board guests to be billed to your business class workspace, then those members will be removed from the boards; the way to prevent this is to add those people to your team.

ALSO!!! This will move any boards you're an admin of, even if those boards belong to other workspaces of which you're not an admin. You can always move them back but if you're an admin of some boards that actually "belong" to someone else it might be a little weird for you to move it into your own workspace.

Having read those warnings, you can take a look at the code here:

Preview Code in BenkoBot 

If you click that link, you will be able to enter your API key/token, then edit the team name at the top, store and run the code. All boards of which you're a member will be moved to that team.

If you're not an admin of any board, you'll get a log message with a link to indicate that board couldn't be moved, you can copy and paste those links into a new browser tab to see what the situation is and who you need to request admin permissions from.

Note also that if you had a list of workspaces that you wanted to move boards out of, I could modify the code slightly so it would only move them out of those workspaces and leave others untouched.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

@Valérie Bernard 

Click on the current Workspace just next to “star” button at top of the board to change the workspace for the board. 

Valérie Bernard June 9, 2021

Great job! Thank you very much <3

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events