Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create a report with all items in a particular list/column.

Feroz Abdul Rehman November 25, 2020

Hiya. I want to create a report with all items in a particular list/column.

The list can get pretty large so I want to divide it up into paragraphs like in https://help.trello.com/article/1192-creating-reports-with-butler. 

We categorize everything with labels.

Is there a way to store items in a variable by label type and then only publish the report with those variables that are not empty?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2020

You can send a report so it only includes cards with a certain label and a given custom field value.

So you could also make a custom field called "report sent", and as part of your schedule task, after you send the report, mark all those cards as "report sent" (so they don't go out in the next report).

Feroz Abdul Rehman November 25, 2020

Thank you for the quick response Michael. 

I've pasted a partial copy of the report below and removed some repetitive code. I want the report to have paragraphs so that everything doesn't fall under the same heading. But sometimes, a number of labels might have not have anything to report on; which produces an ugly report with some headings with no content.

Is there a IF NOT NULL type check I can run on a variable to conditionally include it in the report?

create a report in variable "fundamentals_list" with all cards with the purple "Dev - Fundamentals" label in list "Released Items 🎥" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", create a report in variable "dataweave" with all cards in list "Released Items 🎥" with the purple "Dev - Dataweave" label using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", ..., create a report in variable "flowDesign" with all cards in list "Released Items 🎥" with the black "Platform - Flow Design" label using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and send an email notification to "abc@xyz.com" with subject "Report for month of {monthshort} {year}" and message "Fundamentals:\n\n{$fundamentals_list}\n\nDataweave:\n\n{$dataweave}\n\nProduction Ready Dev:\n\n{$prdev}\n\nProduction Ready Integrations:\n\n{$print}\n\nIntegration Solutions:\n\n{$intsol}\n\nApp Nets:\n\n{$appnets_list}\n\nRTF:\n\n{$rtf}\n\nACM:\n\n{$acm}\n\nAPI Management:\n\n{$api_mgmt}\n\nCloudHub:\n\n{$cloudhub}\n\nCHR:\n\n{$chr}\n\nAPI Design:\n\n{$apiDesign}\n\nFlow Design:\n\n{$flowDesign}"

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2020

I think so.  Under "Fields" in the filter section you can check to make sure the field has been set.  So it would only include cards where the fields are set... if you want it to send if *any* field is set, you might need a different tactic.

For example, you could create a rule to set another field called ReadyToSend to true when any of the custom fields are changed, and then change your report rule to only include cards that are ReadyToSend

Like Feroz Abdul Rehman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events