Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a recurring due date on a card without creating a new card

beth koritz September 23, 2020

I want a recurring due date on a card without creating a new card. 

In other words, I have a card with a task that takes place every Monday. That card has attachments that I need every time I do the task.  So, I want the due date on the card to update, not a new card.

How can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

@beth koritz You could add a Butler rule like:

when the due date is marked as complete in a card, reset all the checklists on the card, and move the due date to the same day next week
beth koritz September 23, 2020

Thanks. I figured I could do it manually. I was hoping there was a way to automate it. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

@beth koritz that is automated :S

What do you mean by manually and what do you mean by automated?

beth koritz September 24, 2020

Hi, manually meaning I have to manually update the due date every time I hit a due date. Automated meaning when I set the card up the first time I can create a rule for the due date to update on it's own.

Ex. I create a card to run a report on the 1st of every month. The card has instructions and links that get updated when the report is run.  On Sept 1 I run the report, click complete or another command and the due date updates itself to Oct 1 without creating another card.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

@beth koritz the command I posted runs when you mark a due date as complete which is analogous to "click complete or another command". So there's a click involved which seems like what you're after.

Like beth koritz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events