Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've created a form and I'd like to use the Dropdown choice to appear in card name.

Richard DeYoung May 22, 2023

I've created a form with a person's name, course name, company name, etc. The person's name seems to be the default linked to the card name, but I want to change that to the course name, which is a drop-down choice. 

How do I change this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi Richard, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I hope you're enjoying Trello.

Could you please let us know how you're creating the forms? Are you using a Power-Up?
This info would help us understand your situation.

Richard DeYoung May 24, 2023

Yes, I'm using the "Forms" Power-Up.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 142631.jpg

Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

Thanks for the details! I tested and don't think it's possible with the Power-Up options as the Name field is by default a text type, and the dropdown type fields are only available for Custom Fields, so the info would go automatically to the Custom Field after the form is filled.
You can contact their support to confirm this, there's an option on the Power-Up page to do it.

If you don't want to contact them or if they confirm it's not possible, you can try using an Automation rule to reach this result.
I tested with this rule, considering that the Custom Field name is "Course", and it worked for me:

when custom field "Course" is set, rename the card to "{{%Course}}"

You can check these articles if you're not familiar with automation:
Automation overview
Automation variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events