I am currently linking and going through the palaver of creating another care etc so check list items can be commented on... just need another level.... to add comments or progress on a really granular level.
Linking to cards in the checklist item is definitely the way to go for now. The URL becomes "prettified" and you can see the card title. That card can have comments, a due date, members, additional checklist items, etc.
I'll let our team know about the additional functionality you're looking for here so they can take that into consideration when working on further improving Trello. Thanks for getting in touch!
thanks for your reply. I use Trello daily, extensively for all my clients and for home. I have a few niggles which I would like to share if ok.
Can I suggest the following functionality for checklists:
1. colour - e.g. <Red> blah blah blah </Red> or some formatting buttons to save having to **asterisk** or *Obelix* everything ;-)
2. alt+return/enter allows you to add multiple lines within comment text / three spaces ' ' / '___' enters a line?
3. ability to tab to indent and/or multi-level numbering within checklist?
4. Add additional options to '...' option list at the end of each checklist item:
• One can click to convert to card, but add option to copy to card (duplicate) and automatically add a reciprocal link in the description field.
• Love the way pasting text into a new checklist item splits into multiple items based on <br> or chr(13) characters, I often set up lists using excel and then paste them in, especially when adding dated timelines to a checklist.... **I would make one small change, add the split functionality to the '...' option list, and change it so that it does not automatically split the text into multiple items/fields.**
For the moment, even just the ability to tab or indent in checklists would be helpful.
Other issues that are a little frustrating are:
• I spend time creating nice banners which I attach to my client cards so they look super. This is fine on desktop app, safari or Chrome, but on the iOS app they all turn to large cropped squares that look shit, plus they take up too much space on the screen. Please can you apply the same logic to the display of the card 'Covers' on the iOS app for iPhone and iPad as the desktop.
• Often quite a few documents, screenshots or images get added to my cards, they appear all at the top pushing down the important stuff. Can they be an enlargeable banner but default to being hidden, get rid of the show more button at the same time if more than 5 attachments as if you are enlarging the section it should show all.
Thank you so much for designing an app that really is worth more to me than you can imagine, since I made the leap and swapped from Priority Matrix to Trello a few years back I haven't looked back.
Apologies for the long reply! I hope this helps?
If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event