Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use Trello for my Bookkeeping practice and need help optimising it.

monique.bock February 26, 2020

I have over 50 clients in my Bookkeeping business with recurring tasks and one off tasks, should I be using multiple boards (one for each client)? 

Currently I have them on the on board. I like to see where I am up to with all my clients, but Im so overwhelmed and cant seem to get the recurring transactions to pop up each month or quarter once I have archived them.

Im also keeping a spreadsheet because Im not trusting trello properly.  I dont find the training videos very helpful either.  Im about to give up on it.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

@monique.bock Trello is a brilliant platform and easy to get started with. It also has one of the best APIs in the world and preserves more of its functionality across all devices than any other project or task management tool.

It does have some shortcomings, in particular the Cards view and Notifications, as well as lacking in what would traditionally be "features" in other systems.

This is a deliberate choice on their behalf: they keep their "features" to a minimum, and make their platform available to developers to improve upon it.

I work with SMEs to automate Trello workflows using Google Apps Script. I created a library called Trellinator that lets me do this cost effectively in conjunction with Trello's built-in Butler automation:

https://trello.com/integrations#/trellinator

I've also created BenkoDesk which lets you use Trello for shared/team emails (regardless of which email system you use) and BenkoBoard which is the same for personal emails (Gmail users only):

http://trello.com/integrations#benkoboard

There's a link to my website where you can get in touch with me in my profile if you'd like to have a chat and explore whether or not the type of custom implementation I provide is a good fit for your business.

monique.bock February 26, 2020

Hi Iain thank you very much I will get in touch with you and appreciate your prompt response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events