Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to turn off the new formatting in Trello

Glenn Glasberg April 27, 2023

How do I turn off the new formatting editor in Trello?

2 answers

1 vote
Bawdy Ink Slinger December 28, 2023

By pure luck, I was able to find the answer to this question on another site:

1. Login to Trello
  2. Visit http://trello.com/labs
  3. Turn off "WYSIWYG Editing."
0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Glenn Glasberg 

In the past 2 months, this has been one of the most frequent issues posted in the community.  I am sure the guys active in the community who work at Atlassian have taken note.  If any read this message, can you comment further?

I would also recommend contacting Trello, at the very least the support guys can pass this on to the product team but they may also have some insight into whether this is something being looked at.  

https://trello.com/contact#/

Personally, I think the new formatting is a step forward for ease of use for most but as an advanced user, I find it frustrating that they provide an option to view the markdown but not to edit it. That seems like something they could do...

Glenn Glasberg May 1, 2023

Thanks for the feedback. I am finding it challenging with the new formatting - line spacing, auto-bolding, not being able to completely italicize sentences/paragraphs. I didn't have these issues with the previous formatting. Hopefully, there will be some changes prior to pushing the new formatting to production.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Not sure how long this possibility will last but you can currently switch it off:

Screenshot 2023-05-04 154618.png

Like Bawdy Ink Slinger likes this
Bawdy Ink Slinger December 28, 2023

I don't see that link anymore, unfortunately. Is there still a way to turn it off?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events