Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to remove members & can't figure it out.

Rhonda Dowdy October 26, 2022

I am an admin, trying to remove board members that are no longer with the company.  When I remove them, they then become guests.  I want to remove them completely from the workspace & the boards.

1 answer

0 votes
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Hi @Rhonda Dowdy ,

Is this the process you're going through to remove members of a board?

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/removing-a-member-from-a-board/

Rhonda Dowdy October 26, 2022

No, mine looks different.  I remove the member from the workspace & then it moves down to guest & show's how many boards they are a part of.  It let me delete all but 1 board.  He may be the only admin of that board.

Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Gotcha. If you're an admin you should be able to join that board and then remove him from it.

*Edit*: I did a little playing around in my test site, it looks like if you're on the free tier you won't be able to remove him from the board if he's the only admin. The highest permission you can join the board as is a Member. If you have the premium tier, you get the ability to do this. If you have a trial available, you can activate it long enough to remove the user. I'm not sure there's any other way to remove them otherwise, you might try opening a ticket with support to see if they can remove him for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events