Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some clarity on Business Class usage.

Pamela Sandall May 25, 2019

I have no problem upgrading from Gold to Bus.Class but it sounding like I need to pay $12/month for people that will seldom if ever use the boards and only need the occasional access.

Right NOW I have gold and with the exception of mirroring cards I can do everything I need to do.  Can a user please clarify for me the benefit of paying anywhere from $30-100 a month?  

I've reached out to customer service every day for a week now and they just keep sending me emails directing me to links I've already read without addressing the underlying question and I'm fairly frustrated...thought maybe a user could shed some clarity.

TIA 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2019

@Pamela Sandall 

Hi Pamela, changing to Business Class indicates that you have to pay for each board member, even those that are using it rarely - which is understandably a show stopper for many.

May I ask what you are trying to achieve? Maybe there's some way with the your current account setup to get this accomplished?

Pamela Sandall May 26, 2019

Of course, and thank you for responding.

Our goal is to have information updated in two places: 

• from our master project board to the related individual boards
  • individual products to a tracking board also to the individual projects

To do this, I needed to have the "master" in the same team as all of the projects.  I had intended to use the mirror power up, only to find out that it would cost me around $200/monthly to do these "mirrors".  I'm working on some work-arounds for this but had already set up the BC.  Now I'm wondering if I even need it?  Other than the 10 project limit I'm not sure the NEED for the BC upgrade and it scares me a little that there is no notification process if you all of the sudden added a guest to two boards, which would add them as user, sight unseen until the bill comes.  

Any suggestions?  I'm thinking of just parsing my projects into groups of 10 and closing down BC unless there's a compelling reason to keep it.

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

@Pamela Sandall 

Okay, so what I would like to suggest is using the Butler Power-Up.

This Power-Up is usable with both a Gold and a BC account. But admittedly the number of allowed actions is higher with BC but you wouldn't have to pay extra. See this page for Butler's quotas with different Trello accounts.

I am using Butler for Dashboard applications like described by you, and I could certainly give you a few tips about it. If you are looking for some ideas on setting up dashboards, here and here are a some articles I have written on the topic. But if you have further questions, just let me know.

Pamela Sandall May 27, 2019

Thanks again for following up. 

I played with Butler a little bit over the weekend.  I created a button to instantly send a card to our item tracker board that also links the two.  Doesn't mirror but at least creates a link to both.  Slick ;).

I also used Zapier to handle another of the tasks I wanted and ended up canceling the Business Class.  It made me nervous that I could mistakenly invite someone to two boards and instantly add them as a member!  

I'll check out those links you sent more thoroughly but I visited one where you're selling a course on synching from a single board to multiples?  Is that correct?  I've no problem paying for this but wanted to confirm this is for the Butler Power Up and not the Bot.  I removed the bot from all of the boards where I had it before as I found it confusing and clunky.

TIA,

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2019

@Pamela Sandall 

It's not a course but a set of pre-created commands for the Butler Power-Up. Since there are so many things you could possibly sync from a Trello card, you can pick those that you want and set them up as I did. I am not selling the Bot stuff any longer, that wouldn't be fair.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events