Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a master task list!

Pamela Sandall February 9, 2020

We use Trello to organize everything:  all client projects, all admin projects, all social media/marketing information.  With so many boards, tasks/to-do's are getting missed.  

I'm looking for best practices/recommendations for how others manage the to-do list.  I KNOW that tasks can be assigned and I know that these assignations show up on the top right of the screen.  I'm looking for something more organized than this.  Ideally I want to be able to push ALL to-do's, by date and by person to a single location.  A board?  A calendar?  What I really do NOT want is another program - we have too many already.

I'm pretty familiar with Butler rules and buttons but I've not (so far) been able to make these work for me.  I use a google calendar and have this synced with various boards.   

Suggestions?

TIA,

Pamela

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Jörg Grabinski July 26, 2021

We have had similar problems keeping track of user actions and card states on many different boards at UBit. We have implemented a first version of a tool that allows filtering actions over all boards and users. This has proved very helpful at project management and controlling of tasks. It might be a start and we are looking forward to implement more functionality if this is asked for.

Please check out our TrelloTool. We are very interested in feedback. 

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2020

Hi 

If you want to use trello for all activities, I suggest you to build boards with different levels of granularity and to link them together. 

For exemple, 

A board "Overview" with 3 standard lists (to do , in progress, done) where cards correspond to main activities (client projects, admin projects,...).

Then into the card "client projects", you could have a checklist "projects" where each converted item  into a card added on an another board represents a project (recruitment, retention, upgrading,...)

Into the card "recruitment", you could have a checklist "tasks" where each converted item into a card added on an another board represents an elementary task.

So in this case, all elementary tasks are in the same board. And at the same time, you have a structure which facilitates the understanding of the goals.

This principe of levels of granularity allows global and detailed visions regarding the needs of different users.

The principe of dependencies between cards allows the synchronisation between the different boards, an easy navigation (between tasks and their prerequisites).

See this for more details

https://help.trello.com/article/1165-task-dependencies

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events