Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to log in to Trello using Firefox 87.0

Mark Waite April 22, 2021

Since updating to Firefox 87.0 I've been unable to log in to Trello.

To reproduce:

1. At https://trello.com/login I enter my email address

2. The login button changes to "Login with Atlassian". Click on that.

3. id.atlassian.com screen briefly appears and then it redirects back to the trello.com/login screen

4. Go back to step 1

Alternative, in step 1 click on "Continue with Google" using same email address. Same redirect sequence/loop occurs.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi @Mark Waite ðŸ‘‹

This issue has cropped up a number of times (I myself have faced it too), previous recommendations include testing it on a private window, double checking AdBlock or privacy settings aren't interfering and testing a different browser such as Chrome or Safari.

If you're still struggling to login then the best option would be to reach out to the Trello support team here

I hope this helps but if you have any more questions then please ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Mark Waite April 23, 2021

Hi Laura,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I had already tried Chrome and was able to login without any issues, so knew that it was related to the Firefox setup.

As you suggested, I tried using a private tab and had the same result -the looping login.

Then I removed the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials and tried again and then the login to Trello/Atlassian started working again - thank you!

But before we blame DuckDuckGo, I then reinstalled the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials add-on back into Firefox - and the login is still working. Which baffles me entirely.

If I didn't know otherwise, I'd suspect something had been changed server-side to make the login start working again. Or perhaps removing an extension from Firefox somehow helped.

Anyway, it's now "magically" working again, and your suggestions helped, so many thanks again.

Kind regards

Mark

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Hi Mark,

It's great to hear you've defeated the never-ending loop of the login page 😃

I'm pleased the suggestions helped and you've got it all working one way or another. Sometimes with the Firefox add-ons it is just a case of un- and re-installing to keep things running smoothly.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

P.S. If you'd like to help others find these solutions easily you can do this by accepting the answer above 😃

Like • Sarah Preston likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events