Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have used Trello for 3 years without automation. What is Butler and how do you access it?

Pamela Gordon October 11, 2022

I have utilized the Community very little and find it confusing to get answers.  What is Butler?  Where is it and how do you use it?  My initial question was how do you copy and or move a checklist from one card to another?  

2 answers

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2022

@Pamela Gordon community is generally more focused on answered specific questions from users, you might want to check out some courses and youtube videos. For instance, I create quite a bit on youtube. 

- This video is a short overview of what automation is, how to access it, and what some options are: https://youtu.be/n8b3dyUAwBc

- This one is a deeper dive (think like a webinar or workshop) where I go into detail about all the types of automation available and how to use them: https://youtu.be/YJ4VR2vzM9Q

As far as your specific question about moving checklists, what would your "trigger" be for that? And what I mean by that is, when would you want to move that checklist? (When someone is added to a card? When it's moved to a specific list? When you click a button?)

And also, what is the criteria of the other card would you want to move it to? (Card linked in the attachments? A card with the same name in another list?)

If you can give me some more details about that i might be able to show you what that rule would look like.

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2022

@Pamela Gordon 

There is a button button “Automation”to access your automation. You can create checklist by using one that has been created on another card. It is first available action under “checklist” for Rules command. Check out some videos to help you get started on Automation. That is probably the easiest way to learn. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events