• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I have a private board that I want to invite others to. The desk top makes me use team.

I have a private board and that I want to invite other to.  I don't want to use teams.  Why can't I add them?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Make a team and move the board into the team and you should be able to add collaborators. 

I wish it was that easy....   First, I have maxed out my free teams.  Second, the people I invite are used to looking in the private boards.  I don't need to ask them to look in 2 places.

Is there going to be a new rule that you can't invite people to a private board?

There are currently no limits to how many free teams you can create. Go to the plus button in top right and make a team. Then move the board into that team. 

You can invite people to a private board. You just need to move the private board into the team (it will remain private). 

just tried to move a private board to a team board and the message I got was "This team has run out of free boards"

I guess I could create a new team each time, but will my boards be all out of order?  They are really organized right now.

If you upgrade that team Business Class you won’t run into that limit. 

How much does it cost?

https://trello.com/en-US/business-class
$10/user/month if you pay for a year. 

It is just too expensive.  I have 20 or so people that use this. I can't ask them to pay. 

I would be willing to pay.  It makes a big difference in our work flow.  It is just alot to not have more robust CRM tools.

Think it only kicks in as fee paying user if in two boards, equally, set up a team for just that one, like PROJECT57 or CHESS-CLUB ... then you should be able to work around.

Only clash might be if you invite Granny to the Chess Club and she's already in FAMILY group.

Is this a new function of Trello board as in the past this was not necessary.

Can you still do as previously and invite a single person to a board without creating a team?

As Theresa says the 'team board' is not listed with other boards so becomes more difficult to organize.

Is there some reason why this was changed and will trello be changing it back or including the older method again?

With older boards you can still invite without creating a team, can we do the same with newly created boards or has this been disabled? Can it be reinstated?

I have two Trello accounts, and thought maybe the other would still have the old functionality, but appears that once you migrate your account over to the Atlaslan login, the abilty goes ... may be a coincidence, but timing is right.

Older boards I had, if you had more than one member in your OK, if you only had yourself, then DOH ... no share. 

Not unless you team up.  Its only on older boards that had no shares previously, or if you delete below two users and it deletes the share function, so never delete to less than two users ...

Did that thinking I could re-use an old but seldom used board, recycle it into a new one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

752 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you