Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Jotform linked with my Trello Board, and want to customize the integration....

Jasy_Lata June 15, 2020

I have a jotform linked to my team's trello board. Every time a new submission is made a new card is formed on the Trello board, but I was wondering if it was possible for the new card created to be a duplicate of an existing template... does anyone have any tips?

3 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

@Jasy_Lata you can't create a card from a template like that but one option would be to have your template checklist or data on another card and use Butler to add that stuff to the card when it's created.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2020

@Jasy_Lata I noted that neither of the answers had been accepted. Do you still need help.

in terms of identify a card as a source and to program a new card to have all the names, desc, labels, attachments, checklist, due, ..etc is doable with coding. I did that in creating a student card from registration card which was from Google form through Google Sheet trigger. Do note that the duplicate card will have a new card_id unique to itself. 

I am curious. If you are creating a duplicate of a card, what do you do with the data collected from Jotform?

Jasy_Lata June 26, 2020

I don't really need the data from the jotform on the card that much, just use it cards to keep track of work that's being requested (which is why the checklist is fundamental). And the answers were helpful, I just forgot to accept an answer. Thanks for the reminder!

Like milynnus likes this
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

If your form is a simple one, just text - replace with Wayscript using their form trigger to collect the data you want and use their Trello module to create a card in the target board. I guess if you are collecting data from Jotform the data collected would go into the card as well and it it is Custom Fields, then some programming would be needed. That module cannot handle labels but name, desc, due, add attachment and name attachment is fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events