I'd like to use multiple conditions to trigger an action

LKM Dance May 11, 2021

I have a custom field (date) called "information sent" and another called "enrolled date".  I want Butler to look at the "information sent" date and IF the "enrolled date" is blank AND 2 days have passed since the information was sent, then move the card to another list.

Is that possible?  Thank you 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hello @LKM Dance 

You can achieve what you need using a double with statement, one for the information sent field being more than 2 days ago and one for the enrolled date field being cleared. You could trigger the rule with a card or board button, or schedule it to run at a certain time, as per this calendar rule:

every day at 9:35 pm, move each card with custom field "information sent" set to a date more than 2 days ago with custom field "enrolled date" cleared to list "Not enrolled yet"

I tested and this works perfectly

To prevent the rule from finding the same card again, you could constrain it further to only include cards in a certain list or lists etc.

LKM Dance May 11, 2021

Thanks David - I'll give this a try as it seems "cleaner"  not having duplicate cards which I think would get confusing for our team.

As I mentioned I am a novice Trello user so if it's ok I may be back to ask you another question :)

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Here is what the construction of the calendar version of the rule would look like using the Butler interface:

Annotation 2021-05-11 215228.png

Like milynnus likes this
LKM Dance May 11, 2021

Wow!  Thank you so much David, that made it so much easier for me to follow (so many options to choose!!)  

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2021

No problem @LKM Dance 

If the solution works, the etiquette in this forum is to mark the answer as correct, so that the next person who reads the thread can find the answer more quickly.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2021

@LKM Dance 

David has a far better solution. 

LKM Dance May 11, 2021

Thanks milynnus but as a relative "new user" to Trello, I don't understand your answer (sorry!).  When you refer to "a proxy" do you mean it would set up a whole new card?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2021

@LKM Dance 

In this case it is just another card that carries the a due date so that when it is due it triggers the action you want to have done. Since it is removed when enrolled date it sets it should achieve what you wanted. Try it. 

LKM Dance May 11, 2021

Oh ok, now I understand, thank you very much I'll give that a try!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events