Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to import my workspace from 1 Trello account to another. Please advise how?

Narius Irani June 22, 2023

I am trying to import my workspace from 1 Trello account to another. Please advise how?

1 answer

1 vote
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2023

Hello @Narius Irani !
You may want to check out the following steps and link to the Trello documentation. Hope it helps 🤞

1. Ensure that you are an admin of the Workspace.
  2. Access the external Workspaces by selecting "Switch to external Workspaces."
  3. Locate the Workspace tile you want to move and select the settings icon.
  4. Choose "Move Workspace" or "Move and keep private" if you prefer.
  5. Moving the Workspace into your organization does not automatically grant access to other team members. They will still need to request to join the Workspace to explore its boards, members, and contents.

Or you may copy/move boards to a different Workspace

Copying board from one Trello account to another:

1. Copy each board individually, duplicating the cards and their descriptions.
  2. For a complete copy of the board, recreate each list by moving the cards to a new board.
  3. Consider adjusting board admins or relocating the board to a new Workspace, if necessary.

Moving a board to a different Workspace:

1. Ensure you have admin privileges for the board and membership in the target Workspace.

2. Access the board menu, select "More," and navigate to "Settings."

3. From there, choose "Change Workspace" and select the desired Workspace from the drop-down menu.

4. Keep in mind that non-Workspace members will be added as Guests, and in paid Workspaces, this may incur charges for Multi-board Guests.

Narius Irani June 23, 2023

Thanks Justya. I am guessing the above is meant to copy a board from one wrkspace to another.

I am after that is moving it across from one account to another. The only way that would normally be done is exporting the board (from the account) and importing it to the account where it needs to be.

Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2023

So, after exporting, when it comes to importing here's what you may find in docs:

Trello doesn't have a generic import tool, but you have several options for bringing your data into Trello:

1. Copy Paste
  2. Trello API - You can use the Trello API to have full programmatic control of the import process

3. Third-Party Power-Ups - There are a number of third-party Power-Ups developed by people or companies external to Trello that are able to import data into Trello, you can search for a list of these and find one that's best for you here: https://trello.com/power-ups/search?q=import

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events