Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to create a rule to add multiple checklists to a card a once?

Danny Gudorf November 15, 2022

I am trying to when I choose a certain drop down option that 4 checklist populate the card at once.

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

@Danny Gudorf welcome to the community! i assume the dropdown is a custom field correct? If so, your trigger would be when custom field [name] is set to [value of dropdown], and then your actions would be add the [checklist] to the card. (i like to additionally specify that the checklist should come from a template card.)

Your rules should look something like this.

image.png

And it should work like this!

Kapture 2022-11-15 at 18.16.48.gif

Let me know if you've never set up any automation before, and I'm happy to record a video showing you how to do it!

Danny Gudorf November 16, 2022

@Brittany Joiner Thanks for that info and you are correct. I was able to do all of that successfully but I need four checklist to populate. I was only able to get the first one to populate but not the other 3. Here is a loom video. Thanks https://www.loom.com/share/9aa2a16adbb64ebc86dda489649cc204

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

@Danny Gudorf that should work. are you sure those additional checklists are all on that same card? And everything is spelled correctly? You could be super explicit and put the link to the card you're pulling the checklists from and not the card name... that's what i do. just in case there is some duplicate card out there that has the same name but not the checklists.

Danny Gudorf November 16, 2022

@Brittany Joiner Hey Brittany I tried that and it still only populated the first checklist

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Hmm not sure what’s going on there. Can you record a screen share of your rule and of you doing the action? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events