Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am new to Trello - How to import contacts

Is there an easy way to import cards (contacts) into Trello? I am trying to import name, email and phone for each contact with the email and phone number in the 'Description' box. I have a list of 100+ contacts and I don't want to add them one at a time. If there is a video how to do this, that would be great too. Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Mirek Community Leader May 09, 2021

Hi @Michael Lancto , 

Just to be clear.. you want to import every contact as a separate card? 

Maybe this would help? - https://help.trello.com/article/751-importing-data-into-trello

Thank you for the reply, but it was very complicated. I am teaching a sales team, and our 'Board' has a 'List' called Leads. The title of each card is the Lead's 'NAME' in the description we would like 'email' and 'phone'

Is this even possible with Trello to import like this?

We have all the leads in a spreadsheet now.

@Michael Lancto 

Saw youR post on FB as well. See illustration of solution. Copy and paste column into create card on the target list.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.20.17 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.19.42 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.19.29 PM.jpg

Thank you for the reply. I attempted your suggestion, but I must have done something wrong. In the picture below you will see a pic of my spreadsheet (I used CTRL-C and CTRL-V in the 'add card' inside Trello. Then a picture of the 2 cards Trello pasted - and you will see all the info is in the 'card name' and nothing in the card 'Description'. Then the 3rd pic shows one of the cards with nothing in the 'Description' box. What am I doing wrong?
Trello-import.jpg

@Michael Lancto 

Try changing to {* } {*} <{*}>  then cardname will be {wildcard1} {wildcard2} and description use {wildcard3} also you missed a - after \n if you like the bullet before phone. 

Milynnus - I do appreciate you trying to help me. I've tried multiple variations of what I think you are suggesting, and none of them places the contacts 'Name Only' in the card 'Name' field and the contact's email and phone number in the 'Description field. The pic below are 2 different examples of what I have tried that did NOT work. Can you provide a sample spreadsheet with this information please that I can copy/paste?

Sam Smith
ssmith@aol.com
407-555-2222

Tom Trent
ttrent@msn.com
954-555-4444

Trello-samples.jpg

@Michael Lancto 

Here' the loom video

https://www.loom.com/share/1085fe8b772c4b8280cd7899c56866b2

I will send over the details over shortly.

Bulter Trigger 

when a card with a name containing "{* } {*}<{*}>" is added to list "Build List"

firstname lastname <- email : lxx@gmail.com\n- phone : (112)-123-1234>

firstname lastname <- email : lxx@gmail.com\n- phone : (112)-123-1234>

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 5.52.56 AM.jpg

I believe the problem I am having is I have to CREATE A BUTLER RULE (OR TRIGGER) and when I go to "Butler" > "Rules" > "Create a Rule" > "Add Trigger" 
-- I cannot find how to create the rule you describe above with

TRIGGER
when a card with a name containing "{* } {*}<{*}>" is added to list "Build List"

ACTION

rename the card to
{wildcard1} {wildcard2}

set the card's description to
{wildcard3}

Can you please make a video how I can create this Butler Trigger?

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

1,973 views 16 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you