cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a team admin, but cannot remove another admin from a board

sandeepsinghal June 2, 2017

1. I am a team admin

2. I am on a team board as a non-admin user

3. There is an admin user who has left the team. I cannot remove that user unless I am the admin of that board.

Being an admin should give me priviliges to remove another user from a board I am not an admin on. Is there a way I can do this with current solution ?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kaylin Murray June 2, 2017

Hey Sandeep, 

It doesn't look like there is a way right now to take control of the board and remove the user from the board and make yourself/another user an admin. 

One option could be to copy the board and then just permanently delete everything on the board that you are not an admin of. This will give you admin access to the board. 

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks Kaylin - But I see only an "Archive" option. This would mean that the "other" user whom I am trying to remove can easily unarchive it and restore the cards on a board.

Is there a way to permanently delete the cards ?

Kaylin Murray June 2, 2017

Hi Sandeep, 

If you archive the card you should then be able to see the delete button!

sandeepsinghal June 3, 2017

Thanks Kaylin - I found the option and it will help me move forward with what I am looking for.

However, from a product perspective, it is kind of counter intuitive that I can pretty much destroy a board, but cannot assign a new admin to it.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2017

Since you're not the admin of the board (you're only the team admin), you don't have the "authority" to made admin decisions for the board itself.  You need to be an admin of the board in order to remove another user.

There are some ways to possibly overcome this and gain control as admin of the board.  Check out the guidance at http://help.trello.com/article/768-changing-the-admins-of-a-team-or-board

Reviewed the options, but none of them look realistically possible. (For e.g. logging in with another user's password, or using their email for resetting password)

I have a board which has one admin, and that admin has left the team. I as a team admin, should have capability to add myself or add a different user as admin on the board. Is that possible ?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events