cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally removed myself as admin member from a board

Carl Lycke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

I'm an administrator for a workspace. I wanted to give another member the admin role on a board, but accidentally removed myself instead. Now none seem to be able to add any new members to this board. Is there any way to add yourself to a board when none is an admin on it?

1 answer

0 votes
Seng Pang March 4, 2024

Hi @Carl Lycke ,

If I read correctly, you had removed yourself as an admin from a board.

Has there been other members configured to the board?

If the 'Adding and removing members' permission is configured to 'All members', other team member will be able to add without being an admin.

Also good to know, was the board visibility configured to Private or Workspace?

Carl Lycke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I have removed myself as an admin from a board. There are other members on the board, and I'm still able to visit it, but only as a guest.

The board's current permissions state that only administrators may add or remove members, but anyone can connect to the board (as guests only I would assume).

The board's visibility is set to Workspace. The other members are able to edit cards, but can't invite anyone.

Seng Pang March 5, 2024

Hi Carl,

You may want to email Trello support (support@trello.com) and describe the situation.

Alternatively submitting a support request https://trello.com/contact#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events