Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view all boards down the left hand side made by a member of the workspace

Deleted user January 28, 2023

I created a number of boards for a community group I am in. I can see all of them listed down the left hand side under Your Boards. However, when the other people/members sign in they don't see any listed down the side. However when one member created a board, she can see it, but I can't see it. 

We can all see the boards for our group if we click on "boards" in the top left. However, it is much easier to see them listed down the side. Is there no way to do this? Or can you only see the boards that you created yourself? 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2023

Hi @[deleted] - welcome to the Community!

You'll only see boards you're a member of in the sidebar. If you need people to see these boards on the sidebar, you'll need to add them to them. 

Deleted user January 29, 2023

Thank you for your response Alex.

I thought we were all members already because I had sent them the link to join the workspace. 

So how do I make them a member? Do I need to add in their email address specifically rather than send them a link? 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2023

Hey @[deleted] - becoming a member of the workspace doesn't automatically make you a member of every board in that workspace.

If the boards are 'workspace visible' and set to allow members to self-join, then members can add themselves.

However, if your boards do not match those conditions, you'll need to add them to the boards yourself.

Here are some tutorials to help you out and with understanding the above:

Deleted user January 30, 2023

Thank you, your response was very helpful. I worked out how to add the workspace members to be a member of a board too. 

If somebody wants to add themselves, do they do this by going to the Share button adn adding in their own name? 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2023

Hey @[deleted] - that only works if they're already a member of the board and inviting someone else. In order for someone to be added to a board:

• Someone who is already on the board needs to add them OR
  • The board satisfies the conditions which are discussed in the tutorials I sent above:
    • The visibility of the board is set to 'Workspace visible'
    • The permission 'Allow Workspace Members to Join' is toggled on
    • From there, if someone is a member of the workspace, they can self join the board by opening it and clicking 'Join board'
Deleted user January 31, 2023

Thanks Alex for you answer. 

I had satisfied all of the criteria you suggested but still people were not becoming members of the board. Your final point about clicking "join board" is new info.

I haven't seen that prompt myself when I did it - I had to go through "share" as the only way to add myself. 

I'll take a look for where to find "join board". 

thanks for your assistance. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events