Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use cardduedate variable to set custom dates for butler rules?

John Snow June 2, 2020

Hi,

I'm new to Trello and trying out the butler rules feature. What I want to accomplish is to add a checklist item with a due date which is in relation to the due date of the card. I think this should be quite commonly useful (e.g. when you want to be reminded to check feedback of a task always after 7 days of the task's due date). So this is what i set for "when a due date is set on a card":

add item "Check Feedback" to checklist

assign the item to me

set the item due on the date in "{cardduedate}" plus 7 days

But the item was added but does not seem to set the due date. I also tried other options such as "triggercardduedate" and etc. but the result is always the same. Am I missing something here? Or is this only a Enterprise product feature? If so I would be hugely dissapointed because I would think the feature is so commonly essential for everyone.

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2020

Hi @John Snow 

Welcome to the Community!

Let me say first that this isn't an enterprise feature, which is good news! I know this as I have BC (Business Class) and use the checklist feature all the time!

For example, this is one of mine:

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 08.44.44.png

The top section of mine changes the due date of the whole card - I have this because I like to keep track of how long it's been since I did a specific workout. Then I attach the link to the checklist for the originating card (I like to have the link rather than the card name, so I can click on it if I want to). The bottom of the rule deals with the checklist, for mine I set it due to now and then mark it as complete (because I want to have the checklist due date as the date I completed the activity, so I can keep a check on that) and then it marks it as complete.

I would think if yours isn't working then it's this section that needs to be changed:

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 08.45.51.pngScreenshot 2020-06-03 at 08.46.10.pngCan you take a screenshot of your rule so that we can see what's going on? I know you've explained it, but it often helps to see the rule.

Also, if it's not working for you, have you checked which section isn't working? To do that, open Butler on any board, click on 'Account' in the bottom left, then usage log and it'll show you all the commands that have been run (you might have to scroll to find the one that's acting up depending on how many you've run since then), but also any issues that it had. If you can't see it, click 'load more' and then scroll down ('load more' will load more of the commands but you won't see them until you scroll, it won't scroll automatically).

Please come back to us, and let us know if this helped as well as screenshots so we can help further!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events