How to use Trello for all action lists (different boards) within our company

reinhard moegele April 13, 2022

Within our company we have different groups with different goals using action lists.
For some of these groups we moved from Excel action lists to Trello boards.
At the moment we work with the free Trello version.

Every group works with a Trello board.
We now want to move all Excel lists to Trello boards.

But if we do that it is important that every member of a  group can see and follow up his own lists from the different Trello boards in one clear overview.
This together with due dates, etc.
Every member should see and follow up the own actions from different boards in one personal overview. This to prevent the members from missing actions.

Can you tell us how we can build up such a "central overview" for every team member the best way?

Is there someone who has an example of a solution we can watch?

Thank you a lot in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Reinhard Mögele

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
reinhard moegele April 14, 2022

Hey Nathan,

Thank you for your answer.
I will test your suggestion a.s.a.p.

And I will keep you informed.

Best regards,

Reinhard

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2022

Hey @reinhard moegele 

Nathan here from Trello Support!

Going off what you've described I think the Workspace Table View is something that would work well for you. If you store all your boards in the same workspace (and this workspace is subscribed to our Premium plan) then you can setup a table view that will show all the cards from the boards you select and you can also narrow down which lists from those boards you want to show the cards from. Here's a link with some more information on our Workspace Table View - https://help.trello.com/article/1235-workspace-table-view

reinhard moegele April 15, 2022

Hey Nathan,

Yes I am checking everything with the 14 days free Premium account at the moment.
It really works fine.

At the moment we have a free Trello version and we also work with Jira (payed version).

If we take the Premium version of Trello:
We will have about 30-40 people that will use some action lists of Trello boards.
With the free version we work with 15 guests (16 people in total) at the moment.
But in the future it will be more.

Can you advice how to arrange that in the Premium version?

Especially the table and the calendar function should be used by everyone.
For example the personal tables could be prepared by me.
But are they visible for the users with a free account?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Reinhard

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

Hi @reinhard moegele 

You can invite guests to your boards on our Premium plan in the same way you would do on our Free plan, the only difference is once you add someone to a second board in the Premium workspace you would be charged for a license for their account (after you've paid for that license for their account you can add them to as many other boards as you want or to the workspace without incurring any additional cost).

If someone is a guest on your board they'll still be able to access the various views for that board whether they've got a paid license or if they're an unlicensed guest.

reinhard moegele April 21, 2022

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your information.

Is suppose I can have different Workspaces with different boards on my Trello board.
If I have the same guest more than one time in different Workspaces, will this also be invoiced as a premium member?
Because in my opinion such an account does not have advantages (like the Calendar view or the Table view) if the guest is situated in different work spaces.

Best regards,

Reinhard

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2022

Hi @reinhard moegele 

In Trello Guest or Workspace member status is particular to an individual workspace so you can have multiple workspaces on your account, and no matter how many workspaces a Trello user is a guest on a board in they'll be classed as a guest and as long as they're only a member of one board in the workspaces you upgrade to Premium you won't be charged for their account.

On our Premium plan you're charged for Trello accounts that are either:

• A member of the upgraded workspace
  • Or, are a member of more than one board in the upgraded workspace without being a member of the workspace itself (this is known as a multi-board guest)

Any accounts that are members of just one board in the upgraded workspace and aren't a member of the workspace itself won't be charged for.

reinhard moegele April 28, 2022

Hi Nathan,

It is clear for me now.

Best regards,

Like Nathan Smith likes this
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2022

No problem at all! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events