Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Trello Plans as a Freelancer

Manuel Will March 8, 2022

As a freelancer, I like using Trello for project management and together with my clients.

My setup right now:

A workspace for each client, with 1-n boards for specific projects.

My Billing and Plan:

I am on the free plan right now, though i would like to use Premium features. As i see it, i would need a premium plan for each workspace so that does not really make sense. And i also want to invite my clients to boards / workspaces regularly to participate.

What to do?

The only other option i see is using just 1 workspace and create boards for each client project, not being able to seperate workspaces by client. Then get premium for that one workspace.

Any pointers or help on how to structure this better?

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2022

Hi Manuel,

Nathan here from Trello Support, I hope you're doing okay?

If you wanted to have multiple workspaces then you would need to upgrade each of those individually. 

As an alternative to this though, our Premium plan also introduces collections which act as a way to categorize your boards inside a workspace so you could instead have one workspace that you upgrade and use collections to split your boards by client. Here's a link where you can find out more about collections in workspaces - https://help.trello.com/article/1004-creating-collections-for-premium-workspaces

Manuel Will March 11, 2022

Thank you for the reply, i will check out collections.

When i have one workspace and one client with multiple projects, do i still have to pay just for the premium workspace or will i have to pay for the client as well since they become multi-board guests?

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022

Hi @Manuel Will 

On our Premium plan, you have to pay for a license for anyone who's either a Workspace member or a Multi-board Guest in your workspace so you would still need to pay for these extra clients if they're a member of more than one board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events