Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unistall Butler definitely from Trello account ?

LSP February 27, 2020

Hello, 

I think I have tried everything to uninstall Butler from my Trello account (deactivate power-up, then revoque application several times) sometimes it disappears from the top bar for a moment and keep coming back later to all my boards. 

It is always present in the right menu bar, I have a free account both Trello and Butler (so cancel paid suscription is not an option either)

Additionally each time that Butler appears again in my boards, all the attachments in my lists disappear! (the whole "attachments" section on the lists doesn't show)

Any tip will be appreciated, 

Thanks

Butler-Trello-uninstall-bug.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Roberto Hegeler November 17, 2022

I had a page where it showed active power ups or so.. I did not remember me adding Butler (I thought is has something to do with an external APP you can also purchase for a MAC Mail system) . So I deactivated it.

Now I get warning messages that my audited Taks I set uo are not working.. and I can not find a way to activate Butler again and can find nothing anywhere on google nor FAQ on the Buttler area how to get it activated again

How Can I Activate BUTLER?

0 votes
Barry Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2020

Hi David,

Butler is a default option and not a power-up option that's why deactivate power-up doesn't do anything.

Since the Butler button is default, you can't remove it.

However you can remove the Butler rules/buttons which was created by you.

To remove Butler rules/buttons:

1. Visit https://trello.com/ and login your account.
  2. At the right-top side, click on the "Butler".
  3. Click on "Rules" on the left side. It will give list of list of rules created by you.
  4. In each and every rules, there will be a delete/remove icon at left side of those rules. click on that icon and remove.
  5. Do the 3rd and 4th steps for "Card Button","Board Button" and other options.

Please let me know, if my answer helps you.

Côme RIPOCHE March 30, 2020

Hello,

Your answer helped me a lot.

Especiallly the part when you said that Butler is no longer a Power Up :D

Thank you very much

Hugh Hotmail November 17, 2020

If Burler is not a power up why is it still preventing from adding even one power up to my trello? When I try I get a quick blue bar status message which flashes up and then away again straight away. It is these silly issues and UX errors that make people think if Trello really is a professional tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events