Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to undo the deletion of a checklist in Trello

Paolo_Rovelli May 23, 2020

Hi, I have accidentally deleted a checklist from a card, what can I do to undo this action?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

@Paolo_Rovelli as @Danny said you can't undo deletion of a checklist, however you can see in the card's activity history when a checklist was added to a card, and you can also see which items were completed. This means that you can partially reconstruct a checklist by seeing what it was called and which items were completed, but not which items were incomplete (because there's no action history available for a card on checklist items having been added).

Paolo_Rovelli May 25, 2020

@Iain Dooley and @Danny  thank you for your answers!

Is there any idea of future development to facilitate recover of checklist?

Paolo 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

@Paolo_Rovelli Not sure, I'm not a member of the Atlassian or Trello teams :) I think at trello.com/contact there's an option to submit a feature request. It's something I've seen mentioned on here once or twice in the past year, but based on frequency I'd say that your request will be a long way down the list with many more obvious priorities. If you wanted to protect against this in future, you might consider implementing an automated backup of all your events using Google Apps Script, this is a good primer:

http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/online-scrum-tools-part-4-trello-backup

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2020

Hello @Paolo_Rovelli

I do not think it is possible to retrieve / undo a deletion of a checklist item as there is no information on Trello's documentation.

Apologies I cannot be any further assistance,

Danny

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2020

Hi @Paolo_Rovelli

As @Iain Dooley @mentioned I would suggest submitting a feature request. 
Thanks,

Danny

Like Daniel Tan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events