Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to undo template creation, or restore activity log & comments

Barry Nesbit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2020

I wanted to recreate a board I use with identical lists (but without the cards), so I clicked on the create template button. The result seems to be that my board was permanently turned into a template, and most distressingly, all the activity and comments in the cards have disappeared. This is a critical board in which I desperately need the data in those cards.

How can I undo the conversion of this board to a template and/or restore the activity and card comments?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Barry Nesbit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2020

After reviewing the documentation in further detail I learned I can convert a template back to a board from the same menu area in which the "make template" button is located. Phew.

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Glad to hear you found that, Barry. Sorry we didn't catch this and jump in before you found it on your own.

Like Tori Sampsell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events