Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off due date notifications in "Up Next" of the Home screen

wouterdijkstra March 9, 2021

Hi all,

In my Trello home screen, in the "Up Next" section, reminders keep popping up for cards have a due date.

Since I run a team of 10, with dozens of boards, this renders the "Up Next" section unusable (too many cards to 'Dismiss').

Any idea's why this is happening and how to turn it off? I have checked everything and:

• i'm not a member of, or watching the cards
  • i ám a member of the boards, but am nót watching the board
  • i am not watching the lists that are associated with the cards
  • it does not happen to all the cards with a due date.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Hi @wouterdijkstra Thanks for reaching out to the community! Based on what you've said it sounds like you're seeing notification for cards with no members and the due date is in the next 30 days.

One of my colleagues covered the priority in which the notifications are prioritised in another post:

The Up Next section will first display any overdue cards that are assigned to you. Then, it will display a mix of cards that are due soon and assigned to you—so, cards that you've been added to—and cards that you've been mentioned on and haven't yet acted on(with a due date of no more than 30 days in the future).

These cards are ordered by the difference between the current date and the card's date (due date, added date, or mention date). 
For example, a card that is due in 3 days will appear before a card you were added to a week ago, but after a card that you were mentioned on yesterday. 

Finally, it will display any overdue and upcoming cards on boards that you've joined that are unassigned as a fail-safe so things don't slip through the cracks.

Unfortunately there's no way to turn off the notification apart from dismissing the notices or removing yourself as members from Boards which have unassigned cards. However the Notification should be prioritised so that any relevant cards where you're a member of should at the top.

I hope this clarifies what you were seeing.

Cheers,

Lam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events