@Jackie Daniel there is no way to do this built in, but you can put in *some* protection using the API.
The most bulletproof way I have done this in the past is with 2 API functions:
1) When a list is archived, unarchive the list
2) When a list name is changed, find a card in the "Board Definition" board named with the list id and set the list name to the description of the found card
3) When a list is created, create a card in the "Board Definition" board named with the list ID and set the description to the name of the list
4) When a list is created, create a list in the "Board Definition" board in the same relative position as the created list
5) When a list is moved, find a list with the same name in the "Board Definition" board and set the relative position of the list to match that of the found list
What this means is that every time you create a list, a "definition" is created that holds the name of the list in its description. After you do that, you can only change the name of the list by updating the description of the corresponding definition card, otherwise anytime the list name is changed, it will change back to what it was originally.
This can't protect against someone moving lists to another board where the "bot user" doesn't have access. Any user of your board could maliciously create a board no-one else has access to, move the list to it, then delete that board. To protect against this, you need something like Rewind to do backups against data loss, but the above will protect against people kind of inadvertently screwing things up by renaming lists or moving things around in the course of their normal work (ie. not malicious behaviour, but "bull in a china shop" type behaviour).
We can create these API automations relatively inexpensively using our BenkoBot platform:
You could also create a rule to send you an email when a list is re-named or archived and tell you who did it, then you can contact them and ahem- politely ask them -ahem to stop doing that, and make it their responsibility to put the list back the way it was ;]
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events