Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort checklists by due date?

Sarah June 6, 2022

Hello Everyone,

I have seen this question posted on here a few times, but as far as I could find, a fitting solution hasn't been presented yet. I was wondering if anyone had found a workaround for this yet - 

I am trying to automate my checklists so that they sort themselves in chronological order by due date. Most of my checklists have at least a few items underneath, and any given card is going to go through between 30 and 50 checklists before it is complete. It can get a little tedious to drag the individual checklists. In case this is relevant - all items in a single checklists will always have the same due date. 

I saw a suggestion on one post about converting each checklist item into a card, but I worry that will become rather unwieldy when we're dealing with dozens of checklist items a day. I'm trying to keep it all contained to a single card, if possible.

Here's an example of part of a checklist - I'm looking to have the checklists automatically sort themselves, so the items due soonest are at the top of the list. Is this possible to do in Butler or using some power-up?

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 10.50.17 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Wim Delfs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2022

Hi Sarah,

any news on this? Maybe @Iain Dooley can help us.
I'm have the same issue.

Thanks,
Wim

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

@Sarah 

The way I found around this is to send the card id via Http Request and have the endpoint sort this for you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events