Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up the repeat power-up starting on a specific date instead of the current date

priscilack March 29, 2022

Hello! 

I need to set up some cards to repeat weekly starting on a specific date.

For instance, today is March 29 (Tuesday), If I wish a card to repeat every 2 weeks on Mondays the first repeat would be April 4, and next April 18 (as seen in the image below). However, I actually need the first repeat to start on April 11 and then every two weeks. How can I do that?

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 9.01.58 AM.png

2 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Hi @priscilack ! Welcome to the community :) You might want to look into creating a calendar command with butler automation instead. Your command could look something like this:

schedule repeat command.PNG

The idea would be to create a dedicated list for your template card and just have one card in that list.

Or, if you have multiple repeating cards, you can add multiple cards to your "template" list and then just specify in your command which card needs to be included in that specific command - e.g. "every 2 weeks on Monday, copy card with the name "Monday Template"", "every 2 weeks on Tuesday, copy card with the name "Tuesday Template"" and so on...

0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi @priscilack, welcome!

Unfortunately, you'd need to wait until that specific day to set up the repeating card. My suggestion would be to create a card on your board with a due date reminder on April 11th to set up the repeating card. Make sure to watch the reminder card so you get an email or notification under the bell in Trello. :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events