How to set up on screen notifications?

Vee Ridgley August 8, 2017

Hi,

I have just started using Trello and I cannot seem to work out how to get the notifications I want.

I have created some teams, added boards and cards.  I have set a Gravity form to send its information to a list on a card.  I have tested the form and it comes into Trello no problem.

But what I want is to be notified that there is a new list item when someone fills out the form.  However, I do not want email notifications.  My inbox is bad enough as it is!

I want to be able to login to Trello and see that there are new forms that need my attention. 

I am Admin of the team, I have subscribed to the board and the card, I have enabled on screen notifications in Firefoxyet yet I don't get a bell notification.  How can I set things so that I do get a one?

Thank you :-)

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 08.51.39.png

2 answers

0 votes
Vee Ridgley August 16, 2017

Still not working and I can see no word that could be an issue.  I have also taken out any symbols too.

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Vee,

In that case, I'd suggest reaching out to us at trello.com/contact instead. That should allow you to send your message.

Vee Ridgley August 16, 2017

I have done just now :-)

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Hi, Vee!

Because Trello will only send notifications for information considered that you wouldn't be expected to know about otherwise, it won't send notifications about changes created by your own account. If you're sending cards to the board using your email-to-board address, or by using your own account with Gravity Forms in some other way, you'll still be the creator of those cards, so you won't receive a notification when they're added to the board.

If you need to receive notifications when those cards are added to the board, I'd suggest creating another Trello account and adding it to the board to act as a "bot". You can then use that account with Gravity Forms instead so that it will be considered the creator of those cards. Then, you'll be able to receive notifications on your main account when those cards are added.

Vee Ridgley August 14, 2017

Hi Caity,

I am trying to reply to you but keep getting this error.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 07.19.34.png

Caity
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2017

Hi Vee,

It's sounds like there may be a word in your reply that's triggering a filter. You could try rewording your response, or you're welcome to contact the Trello support team at trello.com/contact.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events