Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up auto due date for Repeat Cards?

Shail Soni June 1, 2022

I created a card which repeats every 5th of the month. I want to add due date of 2 days after the card is created, in this case, 7th. Based on my experience it looks like I have to put due date every time manually for each repeat card. Is there any way can set up automatic due date for repeat cards?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Shail Soni ! Welcome to the community :) using a butler calendar command should work here. So something like:

every month on the 5th, create a new card with title "Card name" in list "To Do", and set due on the 7th of this month

Alejandro Valdes August 14, 2022

I need the same functionality.

The suggested answer partly works but sacraficing the original card info.

I have a card that repeats and also need the "Automatic due date". But can't use the suggested answer as this card has instructions, checklist and other details that need to be repeated.

Any way this could work?  

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

@Alejandro Valdes you can add additional actions to your rule if you need to add more information to the card (e.g. add checklist from X card, description, labels, etc.). Alternatively, you can add a template card pre-loaded with all this information to a "template" list, and instead of having the command create a new card, you can have it copy the card from the template list. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events