Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Google Hangouts on Trello?

Aditya Bhatia June 24, 2018

I have enabled the Power Up but I cant go further since I keep getting this statement:
You haven't authorized with any Hangouts Chat teams yet. To get started, add or mention the @Trello in a room you'd like to send alerts to.

This was rather useless:

Setting up Trello alerts is simple:

1. @ mention the @Trello bot in the room you’d like to add Trello alerts.
  2. Follow the steps to authorize  Chat with your Trello account.
  3. Select the board from the dropdown menu you’d like to enable the Chat Power-Up on.
  4. Once enabled, click the button to go to that board and then click the Chat Power-Up button in the top right corner of the board.
  5. Select a space or direct message to send alerts to and the actions you’d like to receive alerts for.
  6. Feel a new sense of calm as your Trello FOMO fades away.

1 answer

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2018

Hi Aditya,

Sorry to hear you've had trouble enabling the Hangouts Chat Power-Up. Can you please add a screenshot of what you're currently seeing and describe the steps you've followed to connect Trello and Hangouts? Which of the steps above haven't been helpful? Please let us know!

shamilton1 July 1, 2018

I did the following and it seemed to fix it up.

1. removed Personal Data from Power-up
  2. disabled Power-up
  3. remove Bot from room
  4. DM the Bot and unlink account

Then I went back and re-did the steps;

1. Make sure I'm signed in with Google on Trello side and the same account on Hangouts Chat side
  2. mention the Trello bot from the room, to add itto the room
  3. get the message I need to authorise the bot,
  4. DM the Bot directly and complete authorisation, but do not add power-up yet
  5. back to the room, and mention the Trello bot again
  6. click ENABLE POWER-UP
  7. select board, and then click on Hangouts Chat Alerts link
  8. now I get page where I can send alerts back to Hangouts Chat (yay!)
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2018

Glad to hear it's working now! Could you please let me know where you found the steps you specified on your first message so I can make sure those are updated? Again, thanks so much for your feedback and bringing this to our attention.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events