Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a card to completed list based of its due date?

Ashish Dobriyal November 25, 2023

I have some rules in my card that are structured like this:

when custom fields "START DATES" and "STEP 1 MM (DAYS)" are completed, set start date on the date in custom field "START DATES", move the date in custom field "START DATES" by {customfieldvalue} days, set due date on the date in custom field "START DATES", copy the card to the top of list "Step 1 - Mold Making - Job #", rename the card to "{{%JOB NAME}} MM STEP 1", set custom field "STATUS" to "START", add the light green "START" label to the card, remove the "Step 2 - CNC" checklist from the card, remove the "Step 3 - EDM" checklist from the card, remove the "Step 4 - Mold Making" checklist from the card, remove the "Step 5 - EDM" checklist from the card, and remove the "Step 6 - Mold Making" checklist from the card

Basically I have a Start Date Custom Field and Step 1 Custom Field and the  Start and End Date for that Step is calculated based of that. This rule creates a new card in another list. I have some dependencies like Step 2 can't start till Step 1 is completed. Dependency looks like:

when a card in list "Step 1 - Mold Making - Job #" is added to list "Completed", find a card titled "{{%JOB NAME}} CNC STEP 2" in list "Step 2 - CNC - Job #", remove the red "DO NOT START" label from the card, add the light green "START" label to the card, and set custom field "STATUS" to "START"

Now my problem is sometimes I don't need to do Step 1 or some other step, I can start from Step 2 for example, so if I put 0 in Step 1 (days) custom field it will just say the date is the same as starting date so like Nov 25-Nov 25 12:00pm. Is it possible to create a rule which would automatically create the card and send it to completed list so that Step 2 the labels and status would change or do I need to pay attention and manually check move the cards that I don't need?

Sorry for the long read.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2023

Hey Ashish. Thanks for posting this question. It's definitely possible to create a new rule or card button that will allow you to create a new card at step 2 or move a card to step 2. Depending on the labels and status changes you may need to create additional rules to trigger the correct labels and and changes when the card is created at step 2 instead of step 1. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there are any questions or if I can assist with anything else.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events