Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see tasks assigned to you?

Austin Hahn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2019

I've found how to narrow down the list of cards to those assigned to me, but I was curious if there's a way to see a list of the tasks within cards that have been assigned to me.

My team is in the good habit of adding an @[user] when we create checklists on cards, and it'd be great if there were a way for me to see a customized to-do list of everything assigned to me, even on cards that I'm not the main user for in order to build out a list of actual tasks to be done.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

@Austin Hahn another thing you can do is create sub-tasks from within the checklist by having linked items:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

That's a great suggestion! 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2019

@Austin Hahn I created an integration called Benko Board which primarily is about integrating Gmail with Trello but also has the added benefit of creating a linked card for any card you're added to or when you are mentioned in a comment -- this gives you a better notification and card view experience compared with Trello out of the box:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

If you wanted to you could use it without the email bits in order to just get the Trello benefits. It needs G-Suite though:

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/benko_board_by_the_procedure_people/204068045444

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2019

Hi Austin

You could potentially do this with a Butler command, although I'm not 100% sure how it would work. As a solo user this isn't something that I've had to do, but I would think that this command might work (although as I said, I'm not 100% sure!)

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 22.16.51.png

So all I've done is added my name, without the @ bit - and I've just said 'a checklist' so this should cover all checklists on whatever board this rule is enabled on. Like I say this isn't something that I've ever had to do. Then I would add it to a list, something like 'tasks for me to complete.' You'd have to go back to the original card to tick it off so that your colleagues would know that you'd done it, but when you link the cards together in this automation you'd be able to open your card, so the thing, then click on the linked one and tick it off.

Don't know if that helps! Let me know!

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2019

You could then add another command on YOUR (incoming) board with something like this:

when a card is added to the board with 'Esme' in a checklist,

rename the card to Checklist item {date} {time} {cardname}

That would mean that your version of the card would be renamed so that you knew it was something in the checklist that you had to do, but it would also keep the name of the original card in the card title so you knew where it had come from. You could even add a date to the card name so that you knew when it was assigned to you. It might look something like this:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 22.23.40.png

Which would result in the card title being something like:

Checklist item 19-10-03 10am Austin is Awesome

You can play around with the date and time format and there are lots of ways you can add variables which can be found on Trello's Variables Help Page 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events