Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reorder checklists?

Cathy Elcik May 8, 2019

Every answer says drag and drop, but on a PC that simply doesn't work. Clicking on a checklist item drags the entire card and not just the item on the checklist. If there's no ability to rearrange the order of checklist items, this is basically useless as if I thought in perfect to-do order I wouldn't need an app. Hahhaha

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2019

@Cathy Elcik you can definitely reorder checklist items with drag n drop in the PC/browser version of Trello.

Also, you can't drag a card while looking at a checklist which makes me think there's something else going on here.

Are you able to provide a screenshot showing the thing you're having trouble reordering?

0 votes
Mark Knowlton May 10, 2019

This works on the Mac desktop but I suspect it should work on all the desktop or through a web browser, probably not the apps.

1. Open the board that you want to change
  2. Click on the menu
  3. Click on custom fields (purple icon)
  4. On the custom field, list left click your mouse
  5. Move your mouse to the left of the list (icons).
  6. Mouse turns to a 4-way arrow.
  7. Hold down the left mouse button and rearrange.
0 votes
Deleted user May 9, 2019

Hi Cathy,

I have just discovered that the iOS Trello app allows checklist items to be dragged into a different order. So far, it’s about the only thing I’ve found better in the app than the browser version.

I don’t know if the Android app has the same behaviour.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events