Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reactivate user in Trello

Eva Kerekgyarto March 28, 2022

I have a deactivated user that I I'd like to reactivate to provide access to a single board, without adding them to a workspace. What's the problem here? How do I do that? On the members tab I cannot find any other button than 'remove user'.  

3 answers

7 votes
Eva Kerekgyarto March 29, 2022

Hello, thank you for your help! I checked the link, but unfortunately I cannot find the layout which is shown in the tutorial. There is no 'reactivate' option for me (even though I am the admin). In the meantime I contacted customer service and they gave an email address where we can ask for reactivation. I hope that will work. 

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Go to the board you want to add the user to and invite them directly to the board. Don’t worry about their status in the Workspace itself because you don’t want them to be a member or the workspace. 

Eva Kerekgyarto March 29, 2022

Hi Michael, thank you for your reply! We did try to add them directly to the board, but it still doesn't work. In the meantime I contacted customer service and they gave an email address where we can ask for reactivation. I hope that will work. 

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Eva Kerekgyarto ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I would suggest you to go through this trello guide for reactivating the user - https://help.trello.com/article/1029-what-is-a-deactivated-user. Basically. reactivating the user would give them regaining access to boards in workspace they are member.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Eva Kerekgyarto ,

Are you working as Workspace admin for the above case and are you in standard/premium ? I am asking because I think only they can see this option and the link above was part of premium.

Like Fernanda Gonzalez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events